1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper, I LOVE ripping into presents.
2. Real tree or artificial? For the last few years, real. We've kind of done both. Prefer pre-lit fakes, but I love the realness too. But I think I lose one ornament in the real ones every year
3. When do you put up the tree? I try to have it up within the first week of December.
4. When do you take the tree down? When I get around to it. I usually start on New years eve stripping it of ornaments and lights
5. Do you like eggnog? Not really. I prefer wassail. YUMMY.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmm.....This is a tough one. I ALWAYS loved getting the next couple books in the series I was reading. And I got a Mickey mouse watch. And of course baby dolls and barbies :D
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? We did, but I got rid of it this year because I just didn't like it. A friend gave it to us, BUT I hated it ~ Mary was blond haired blue eyed, baby Jesus had a halo. I'm in the market for a new one.
8. Hardest person to buy for? I would have to say Jesse and any male in my family that ISN'T my kids
9. Easiest person to buy for? My boys are pretty easy! But they give me a list 10 miles long!
10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? Xavier got me a purse that was a horrible color a few years ago. I ended up receiving quite a few purses that year so I took it back. Now I feel bad because he feels like he can't pick the right thing out for me :(
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, I feel some things should be done the “old fashioned” way and mailing Christmas Cards is one of them. I LOVE opening cards!!! It's not the same clicking the link.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Another toughy. I love Elf. But I think my all time fave is the musical Scrooge ~ Albert Finney! LOVE it. Watch it several times during the season and ALWAYS on Christmas eve.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I keep my eyes open all year long, but find that usually start seriously in November
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Once or twice
15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Um, IDK ~ Aunt Terry's ham and raisin sauce ~ Yum. I also like cookies and peanut butter fudge!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I LOVE clear lights. Jesse loves multi. So, I put several strands of white on the tree and use multi around the rest of the house.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I love them all ~ from the funny, to romantic, to nostalgic, and Biblical. I think the ones I love the most is I'll be home for Christmas and White Christmas
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? As much as I like to travel ~ up until the last 4 years, we pretty much did all the traveling. That is expensive and exhausting. So now we stay home. If people want to see us, they are always welcome :D
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Well of course I can.. you know Dasher, and Dancer, and Prancer and Vixen. Comet and Cupid and Donder and Blitzen. And of course Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star. It's metal and not lit up, but it's all primitive looking and I love it! I love a country look
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open jammies on Christmas eve and we can't open presents that Santa hasn't brought yet! So it's Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Every time we go into a store, ANY store, all I hear is what is on my boys Christmas lists. UGH.
23. What is the “silliest” family tradition you do, or miss doing? I can't think of any "silly" family traditions. I have silly memories though. I won't share them though because some might not understand them. All I can say is it has to do with mistletoe and cousins :D
24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? Purple and pink foil trees
25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees? I think country, homey, nostalgic trees are the best!
26. Gingerbread or sugar cookies? Sugar Cookies and Cranberry Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles
27. Do you like Fruitcake? NO, but I make Jesse one every year. And it's not a fruitcake, per se ~ although that is what his mom called it ~ it's more spice cake with raisins!