Monday, November 28, 2011

So you've probably noticed I redecorated my blog!  Yup.  That's about the most Christmasfying that has gotten done around here.  I'm trying, I just don't have the motivation to do it yet, which is just so odd to me!  Oh well, it will get done eventually.  Or so my kids hope! 

We are going to attempt to cut a tree down this year.  Not that we can't but it seems quite daunting a task.  And requires a little more effort than going to Lowes and picking one out.  Although much cheaper :D 

I have some Christmas shopping done.  Still have so much left to do.  And half of it I don't really know what to get which is a dilemma.  But, I'm grateful that I have such variety!

For school we are taking a break from our regular curriculum and will be doing a fun (I hope) unit study on the history of Christmas ~ what life was like for Mary, Joseph, and during the time of Christ's advent.  Although we are still doing our math, as the unit study doesn't have math with it.  And that is fine.  I'm trying to get school started earlier each day than 10, but it isn't easy :/

We had a good thanksgiving.  The guys went with me to best buy at midnight for a blu-ray player that Jesse wanted and we actually got it even though we were lined up around the back half of the store outside waiting for the doors to open.  They were so good and they enjoyed it!  {You are very welcome, my future daughters in law}.  I had a great time with them, and they even said I could take them to Kohl's if I let them stay up to 3 a.m. but I was exhausted so I just went out later in the morning and left them at home! 

So, that's what's going on here!  How about you?!

No comments: