Monday, November 19, 2012

November 19

Today, I'm thankful.

I'm thankful that Thanksgiving is coming up.  It is my most favorite holiday.  I love the preparations for it.  The baking, the shopping for the turkey, the decorating/planning my table.  I just love it all.  I think I love it most because I don't have to rush around making sure I spend an equally proportionate amount of money on the boys.  Because I don't have to rush around trying to get everything wrapped, along with all the baking and cooking.

I just love Thanksgiving.  It's a day for us to spend the day together eating and just enjoying the ones we love.  And you know, I'm grateful because I get that most every day!  We, as a family, make sure that we sit down at the dinner table for a meal together with the television off most nights.  I get to spend my days ~ as maddening as it all seems ~ with my children.  It's a rare day if we aren't together.  But I'm grateful for Thanksgiving that we get to make traditions for our family!

No comments: