Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November 14

Tonight, I'm thankful for my family!  And by that, I'm talking my parents and sister!  Things haven't always been great between us ~ but what is family if you can't have your arguments and disagreements and such.  But as long as after licking your wounds, you still love each other and rebuild your relationships again, then that is what family is all about.
And that was us.  We had a rough couple years.  We all hurt each others feelings.  We all ruffled each others feathers, but we still love each other.  And I'm so grateful for that.  Things aren't always perfect.  Life throws us curveballs, and we either learn to dodge and take cover or get hit square in the gut.  And sometimes you duck and cover and still get hit in the gut.  But once you catch your breath again, those relationships that took hits, you learn to re-evaluate, and rebuild.
And I'm so glad that we are no longer in the "still catching our breath, recovering" phase, but that we are rebuilding again!

I love my family.  We don't get to see each other as much as we need to, and definitely don't get to spend as much time as we would like with each other, but I'm so glad we have fb chat, texting and phone conversations!  It makes the 14 hour drive between us seem a little less severe.  And I'm hoping someday soon, we'll be able to make a trip to visit.  My parents were just here a couple weeks ago, and we miss them so much already!  And my sister has a new fella and I haven't met him, so hoping to get to do that at some point in life ;)

So, for now, I just have to say that I love them, I miss them terribly and I love them dearly!!!!


No comments: