Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Resolutions

The closer Christmas gets, the more I think about the New Year.  And what a new year means to me.  We have had a rough last few years.  But, as usual, I am looking forward to 2012, and the new year.  I wonder what it will bring for us.

I love that the beginning of a new year is always such a clean slate for all of us.  A time to move on from the good, the bad, and the ugly.  We have had a lot of ugly this year it seems.  And when a new year comes, those "slings and arrows" are officially behind us.  Oh, how grateful I am for new beginnings.

As most people do, I have already started thinking about my New Year's Resolutions.  I make them every year, and like most people I find that come February 1st they have all been tossed away.  Mostly because I set some pretty lofty goals ~ goals that seem so daunting and unrealistic.  Last year, I said that I wanted to lose over 50 pounds ~ well, that just seemed so unreachable.  BUT this year, I decided it was more do-able to say that I would like to lose 1 pound a week.  That sounds more reasonable.

I also have other resolutions ~ some are personal.  Others I'm gonna share. 

I have the weightloss thing.  I also want to learn a new hobby ~ I'm thinking I would like to learn how to knit.  Or maybe just do counted cross stitch.  I don't know.  I would also love to learn how to sew, but one needs a machine for that one.  So maybe in the future. 

Another thing I want to do is organize and clean out stuff.  I have already cleared out Christmas stuff ~ I got rid of almost 2 full rubbermaid containers of Christmas stuff for donating.  And I am going through my closet and drawers and getting rid of clothes that haven't worn, won't wear, or can't fit into.  I'm really just getting in the "use it or lose it" mindset right now.  I'm loving it. 

I also have goals for the homeschooling side of things.  I want to be more scheduled with our day to day tasks.  And I need to work more with my Tucker on his reading blocks that he has.   And I want to help Xavier learn how to do research, so we are trying to think about some good science projects and history research he can do. 

For our family, our resolutions are to pay off our truck and fix it (it's been needing some work done, and come income tax time it WILL get done ;) ) and we are wanting to pay down our credit card bill and get a new tv and couch.  Those are some lofty goals, but achievable, I think.  I also want to find a family that we can help financially next Christmas ~ food and gifts.  So, I am excited with the possibilities of the new year. 

How about you?!

No comments: