Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas shopping

Well, today I went Christmas shopping.  Oh, I'm so glad that Jesse let me do it a little now!  We don't get paid till Thursday, then we have to coordinate shopping trip with the boys, for the boys and separately with each boy for each other ~ plus all the other people ~ each other, extended family.   PHEW.  That just makes me tired just thinking about it.
So today, I went to Kohl's (yes, I used my credit card, but we are going to pay it off when we get paid).  Found lot's of great deals.  Got an extra 20% off.  Plus got back some pretty significant Kohl's cash!  So, all in all a good deal!  Anytime I shop at Kohl's I usually use my card and get the extra off anyway!  Saves me money and that is always a good thing!
I just hate trying to shop for anybody but my 4 guys.  It's so hard to know what to get them!  I have some friends that I can easily buy for, but family is always difficult for me.  So, I hope they like what they get.  If not, I'm never offended by them using it as a regift or taking it back (only, I forgot gift receipts.... :/)  So sorry!
But I told Jesse when I got home that UGH, I was so glad he suggested doing it this way because I probably would just collapse in a heap of tears in the middle of some crazy hectic store full of last minute shoppers.  Oh, how I used to love to shop.  I just don't have the energy to do it anymore.  I have to take it in small increments.  It does nothing for my anger issues.   It usually just annoys me.
So I am so closer to being done than I was yesterday!  And ALOT  less stressed!  Yay!!!!!!

Tomorrow, I am getting up early and starting to bake 4 dozen cookies!!  I have a cookie swap tomorrow evening and I am SO very excited!  It's a group of ladies from my MOPS group.  I had been wanting to try MOPS out, but I guess hadn't been brave enough to try it.  So when my pastor's wife had a Christmas party for the church ladies, there was a ministry expo ~ little tables set up to see all the different ladies ministries available and I got a chance to ask about MOPS.  I went the next day and I had SO MUCH FUN!   And I ended up getting in a small group that is having a cookie swap.  So I lucked out!  I'm looking forward to it.  It's been so long since I have had some "girl time"!!!!!!!  Yay!

So, I better sign off!  Lots to do around here!  Blessings to you for this Christmas season!

No comments: