Sunday, January 8, 2012

Told ya :)

Haha ~ another post from me so soon!  Lol!  Less than 24 hours and I'm already bored/lonely :/

Anywho ~
I had made some resolutions for this year, and  so far my weight one has been doing good.  Although, I did fall off the wagon completely today.  Yikes.  I'm a stress eater and a Pepsi drinker.  And apparently, Pepsi is like a comfort food to me.  And so, here I sit drinking one.  But, tomorrow,  I will drink my 5 bottles of water like I had been the rest of the week.  And it's not as bad as I thought it would be, as long as I use my water bottle.

I want to start trying to get up earlier so I can get my Ephesians Bible study in before my guys get up.  And at night, I want to do my Philippians study.  Try to get on some sort of schedule.  So, that means, I eventually have to get into bed, I would imagine :).

After we dropped Jesse off at the airport today, the guys and I went to Walmart and I printed off some pictures for them ~ they wanted pictures of them with their Dad ~ so, I printed off the pictures we took at the airport and bought some $2 frames and they all went to sleep with their pictures.  How sweet is that?!  Come on, admit it, you just went "Awwwwwwwwwwww".  That's okay, my guys are like super cute ;)  And tonight, Xavier asked me "Mom, can we just snuggle for a little while?!"  *heart melting*  I love that my 10 year old {well, all of them for that matter} still loves to snuggle and cuddle with their mama!  Oh, I have been blessed!

But, tonight, I was just sitting here with the house a mess, I didn't feel like doing anything.  At All.  Yes, I allow myself to sit on the pity pot when Jesse leaves.  But I was thinking ~ I want to be actually productive this time, while he's gone.  And, gosh darn it, I will.  My goal while he's gone is to Not shop while he is gone.  I tend to do that ~ if you actually looked at our goals of paying off some stuff, 50% of what needs to be paid off is from my need to self soothe while shopping.  Oy vey!  Yep, I'm That girl.  I hope not to be her any more.  So, I decided to have a goal.  My goal is to get my scrapbook table cleaned off and maybe crank out a page or two or ten.  Whatever.  And to get rid of the pile of "donate" things in the basement.  But that is my goal.  That and to clean up the house and get into a habit of keeping it tidy and slightly more organized.  I try to keep my expectations low, because I know how I am.  But I will try :)

1 comment:

Sherry said...

You've got very good and realistic goals Tara! You can do it! Yes, I did say Awwwww. haha. I love my boy. He's the best cuddler in this house. Waaaay better than any of the girls.
No more self soothing with shopping or pepsi girl! You CAN do this. You are strong and you are able. You will be glad you stuck to your guns. ;)