Tuesday, January 10, 2012

One full Day

Well, I have one full day down.  We survived it.  I wasn't as gentle as I should've been.  But I didn't yell as much as I wanted to.  While I didn't exactly whisper, I spoke in a more controlled manner.  Tomorrow, I will give more hugs and kisses than I did today.   Tomorrow, I will actually do some housework!

But today, I was sorta lonely, so I talked to a few friends on facebook off and on all day.   But, we got caught up on some tests for Tucker and Xavier and I worked on some more Algebra.  And we got our science class done.  But not history.  There was a gas problem today.  No, not the furnace, 2 little boys couldn't stop passing it.  Ugh.  Oh the joys of mothering little boys.  That was the moment I actually did raise my voice today ~ with an exasperated "could. you. please. stop. farting.  Holy cow ~ I need a gas mask." 
Granted, the guys really thought it was funny, I didn't.  So I proceeded to just call an end to school and leave the room while telling them to take care of all their stuff.

Then they had "P.E." ~ that is what we homeschool mom's call playing out of doors!  :)  And when it started to get dark, I called the guys in ~ and sent Xavier to run laps around the building a couple times.  You see, he has been having a hard time falling asleep at night, so my thinking was that he wasn't playing hard enough.  He was crying when he got done, and told me that the only reason he wasn't falling asleep easily was he was worried about his Dad being gone and missing him.  *melting my heart*.  I'm hoping that is all it is.  Poor guy.  Sweet little guy!  Love his heart!  He {as well as the other two} is such a daddy's boy.

I did get both of my Bible studies in today.  And let me tell you ~ it's awesome how much they correlate ~ yes, I realize Paul wrote them both!  The thing I'm walking away with today is that Paul always poured grace, mercy and blessings on the recipients of his letters.  He let everyone know that they were worthy of Grace, compassion and God's great love.  No. Matter. What.  and from my study in Philippians 1:6  For I am confidant of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ  {nasb}~ God started a work in me the instant I received His free gift.   And never has God done a work and destroyed it completely when flaws become evident {Even Noah found Grace in the eyes of the Lord ~ God saved the remnant with Noah's family}.  every thing He's ever done was Good.  It didn't (nor does it ever) stay that way, but He will never be finished working in it!  How awesome is that?!?!?!

Anywho, I need to shut down and finally get some sleep!  I'll probably be back here tomorrow night!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Your boys just sound adorable. Farts and all. haha. Can't wait to get into our Ephesians Bible study. I love how you said NO MATTER WHAT. He has grace for us all. So good.