Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Today

Here I sit.  At the dining room table that gets converted into the school room 5 days a week.  Had a late start today, but it's nice because the boys have very little seatwork to do today.  I have to do some actual TEACHING for Tucker today ~ review of abc's {sometimes he has a harder time identifying them while reading}, memorizing months of the year and days of the week, and also looking at some charts to do with numbers placements.  He does pretty good with most of his stuff.  Just needs a little help.
Xavier is doing pretty well with his math.  And language ~ although, he hates reading (gets that from his daddy not me) and penmanship.  But he likes and gets the grammar work, which is nice!  Then we have science, history and Bible still to do after they get their seatwork done.  
I am truly enjoying doing their school with them this year.  Although, I think I need to be a little more structured with it.  I do need to administer their quizzes and tests in a better way.  But we'll get there eventually. 
Since we are learning about animals this chapter in science class, I'm thinking Friday might call for a trip to the zoo here in Syracuse.  FIELD TRIP!  That is the most awesome part of homeschooling.  Then sometime next month we are going to go to a farm for the autumn activities ~ hay ride, corn maze, maybe some apple picking.  I'm learning to not be so concerned about scheduling but about having a fun time with my guys.   It's hard, but when they grow up, I want them to look back and have wonderful memories of this time of their lives.  I am a hard person.  I realize that.  I'm trying to not be as harsh.  I'm trying to be more loving.  I'm trying to parent with grace.  THAT is hard.  But I can't do any less.  My wonderful Abba Father never treats me harshly, only with love.  So, I try to model HIM.  I fail at times, but my guys are so wonderful as to keep giving me chance after chance to become a better mom!  I have such awesome guys!

On another note, we had an awesome weekend.  Jesse's sister Samantha got married.  We had such a great time!  Xavier got to be the ring bearer.  He got a nice kickin' watch out of the deal.  And he showed us that he has got the MOVES on the dance floor.  THAT he must've got from me.  :D  It was so fun to watch him!  He told us on the way home that he got everyone out on the dance floor!  And that is pretty much the truth of it!   He had a good time and so did we.  I think I may have gained about 20 pounds between the rehearsal dinner and the dinner at the reception.  HOLY CRAP ~ it was AWESOME food. And I am a girl who likes good food! 
I'm gonna come back later today or tomorrow and upload some pictures on here and maybe a video or 2 of Xavier gettin' his groove on! 


1 comment:

Tami said...

sounds like things are going well! So glad!!