Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Laundry

"I'm thankful for piles of laundry,it means my blessings are nearby"
I like that quote. For so long, and I still fight this, I stressed about keeping my house perfectly spotless ~ laundry always done, not a speck of dust on my furniture, no crumby's on the floor. But I've learned to embrace the chaos. If you come to my house unexpectedly, odds are you will find dirty dishes in my sink, baskets of laundry in the living room waiting to be folded and thus put away, and carpets that need to be vacuumed. And if you per chance need to use the rest room ~ don't mind the toothpaste in the sink and on the hand towel ~ there's a towel closet at the top of the stairs so feel free to get a fresh one.
No, I'm not rude, not filthy ~ I'm a mom of 3 little boys, wife to a man who works odd hours, oh yeah, and I homeschool.
I've learned to embrace the chaos. I'm glad that at night after my little guys are in bed that I don't have the energy to do anything but veg out. Always in the back of my mind I know there are dishes that need to be done, but there will always be dishes. And it's okay if my hubby has to ask me everyday to get him a pair of socks out of our sock basket ~ I do eventually get around to mating the socks, but then, they keep getting washed. I've learned to embrace it all. And if chaos and messiness (mind you I didn't say filth)bother you, don't bother to come to my house! I will eventually have a clean, spotless house, and while I get frustrated and say that I can't wait for my house to stay clean, it makes me sad to think why it will stay that way ~ because my guys will be gone.
So, I'm thankful for the piles of laundry (dirty and clean)dirty dishes in the sink and the crumbs on the floor ~ because it means my little blessings are here with me and I have taken time off from the chores to spend what little time I can with them.

No comments: