Friday, December 4, 2009

It's shopping day

I have decided that ~ after feeling rather bah-humbug-y ~ I need to get out amongst the teaming masses today. Something I haven't really done in ages. So I am going to try to kick start my Christmas spirit. After all, according to some people (wink wink, Kayte) I am the holiday guru. Which I'm very flattered by the way!
We haven't even gotten a tree yet! Jesse said that once all my other decorating was done, then we'd get a tree. Well, it's done so Saturday we are getting a tree. BUT I am having such a dilemma knowing that it will come down almost as soon as I put it up. Now mind you, I'm so not a perfect tree kinda girl. I have no theme to my tree. I have all sorts of ornies for it from Hallmarks to handmade, balls to bells, whatnots and doodads! So It really won't take as long going up and I'm really thinking of just putting some out not all.
Why depress everyone with this, you ask?! Well, I guess I'm just hoping for a little validation! I truly hope I'm not the only one who gets in the Christmas slump every now and then. But then again, I hope I am the only one who gets in the Christmas slump.
I know it is the fact that I put too much emphasis on the things of Christmas that don't matter. The gift buying and the decorating. I just need to refocus and remember what Christmas is all about. Receiving the greatest gift ever. Jesus Christ. And I hope today that you have received HIM too!!!!!!!!
Have a very merry CHRISTmas!

No comments: