Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas questions ~

I got this from my dear friend Adrienne's blog and thought it was cute!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I loathe egg nog. And I love Hot Chocolate, but I much prefer Wassail

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? He wraps, of course, and presents don't get put out till Christmas eve, unless it's for someone that doesn't live here (like extended family and such)

3. Colored or white lights on tree/house? I prefer white, Jesse likes multi. So this year, on our tree (a real one!) we have both, but the other decoration lights in our house is white. I also really like the red/green or just red/white ones.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Kinda, not this year, though. I usually improvise with left over scraps of garland and hang it, but didn't feel like kissin' anyone this year ~ LOL!

5. When do you put your decorations up? Ideally on the Friday/Saturday after thanksgiving, but this year we didn't get them up till the first week in December

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Green bean casserole! I LOVE the stuff. Then it would be crescent rolls!


7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I have so many! But the one I remember best is when we lived in South Dakota, my sister moved back to Oklahoma with her boys right before Christmas, so my parents were pretty down. I remember I got tons for Christmas that year, a hope chest a baby grand necklace charm. But what I remember most is getting my parents TONS of stuff and putting out a stocking for them before I woke them up. The look on their faces when I woke them up! PRICELESS!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth. I'm a believer that Santa is real. What's wrong with that? Huh, so what's your answer :)


9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Well, we open one gift every year on Christmas eve ~ jammies. I love it. And since the aforementioned Santa doesn't come until Christmas eve, there is nothing to open till Christmas morning!!!!!!


10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I don't have a theme. I love all the Hallmarks, and glass ornaments and snowflakes and all different mishmash of stuff I have. I wouldn't mind having a separate primitive country themed one in another room ~ smaller of course.!

11. Snow? Love it or dread it? This is the first time we've been out of S. Florida for a holiday in several years. I LOVE snow. I wouldn't mind a white Halloween through New years, then it better all go away and be sunny and warm. So it truly is a love/hate relationship

12. Can you ice skate? The last time I remember ice skating, I think i was in elementary school. So probably not!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Mickey mouse watch and my hope chest

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending time with my family and seeing everyone healthy and happy.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? IDK! I like pretty much all but if you held a gun to my head and had me pick, I'd have to say maybe, Peanut Butter fudge. I just can't make it.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Having to take a sleeping pill to sleep on christmas eve!

17. What tops your tree? A rusty star

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I'll admit it. I love getting! But anymore, I rarely get :) but I also love to give! It is just so hard when a person is just difficult to buy for. Kinda takes the joys out of the giving when they are picky or don't tell you any idea of what they want. Oh, yeah, and "the family all together and healthy" doesn't quite do it for me. Give me a tangible idea already!!!!!!!!

19. Candy Canes, yuck or yum? Not a huge fan of the peppermint, but I L-O-V-E the cherry ones!

20. Favorite Christmas show? White Christmas, Elf, and all time fave is Albert Finney's Scrooge. Oh and can't forget the Santa Clause Trilogy ~ that is the most accurate depiction of how and who Santa is!


21. Saddest Christmas song? Christmas isn't Christmas without you ~ The holiday's that Jesse was deployed, I sat in my apartment with the patio door open, Christmas lights on, drinking Hot Chocolate and just repeating that song. But it's one of my faves too!

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? WOW, this is a hard one! I love the Christmas Canon. And I'll be home for Christmas and Merry Christmas, Darling!

No comments: