Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Word

If you don't know me on facebook or twitter, or in person ~ you might not know it, but I'm political.  I have a separate blog for it (that I need to update more often, but that's not important) so I try to keep politics away from here.

But, I get pretty worked up and upset over the political happenings of our day.  It's rough.  Wow.  Sometimes my hubby just shakes his head and worries over how worked up I get.  To me, it seems as if it getting to be a very dark point in our country and I despair over it.

And as I was scrolling on facebook tonight, I saw it.  The word that I needed to cling to and learn about and practice in my life.  That word is HOPE.  And it was in the verse of Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
And I new that Hope was the word I needed for this year.  HE knows what my future holds.  HE knows.  And HE only means it for my good.  HE is SO good.  He just wants to give hope and because of that hope, we have a future.  I'm grateful that even though the way is dark and dreary right now, I know that HE provided a way to give me an eternal future.  Do you have the same HOPE that I have?!  HE loved us SO much HE gave HIS SON to die for us to save us from our sins.  So that we may be able to spend eternity in sweet eternal fellowship with HIM.  What a hope HE gives us.  
Oh, it's a lovely word HOPE.  

So, what's your word for 2013?

No comments: