Thursday, January 20, 2011

Where was I?

Oh, that's right. I haven't posted in a few days. I've been busy. Sorta. I mean, not much out of th ordinary.

And plus, I haven't done much special for dinners. Mostly left overs and spaghetti one night. And the recipes for spaghetti are endless, so I won't bore you with that. Tonight, we had my sister in law Samantha and her fiance' Scott over for dinner. It was Chicken steak, black beans and rice, roasted potatoes, and plantains ~ YUMMO! It is TOTALLY a favorite in this house, and Sam and Scott LOVED it too. So it was a hit. It was great to have them over. They are fun to hang out with. Can't wait till they start planning their wedding! I'm excited for them!

We are in the process of getting ready to move. I think tonight might have been the last "entertaining" thing we will do in this apartment. We are going to be moving to Syracuse area. Closer to Jesse's work and away from some drama we have going on here. Close enough to still see the family here ~ and close enough for them to have a day away from home, too.

I am excited about the move. I have already found a house I like ~ possibly love. It has a few draw backs. It has no yard for the boys. But it is on a nice street that they could ride bikes and scooters and ripstiks on. It also has no dining room. But the kitchen is small, too. And not enough room to put our table in to eat on, so we would have to make do. Which is workable. I don't mind. To me, the compromise is worth it for the rest of the house. It is a lovely concrete cider block house. Ranch style with a full basement. The basement is what I LOVE. It is a clean, dry, warm basement. A great play area for the boys. We'd be able to set up their school area down there and I would be able to put my dining table in the basement and have it dedicated as my craft area for scrapbooking ~ and not have to clean up my pages I'm working on every day. I could work on it a little here, a little there, and not worry about leaving it all out. And that would be the craft area for the kids, too. That excites me. It has central air conditioning ~ SCORE ~ It IS a 3 bedroom. Xavier would have his own room ~ which Tucker is jealous of. And truly, it's not HIS fault he was 2nd born! It's got a lovely sized living room, which for dinners would be converted with a simple folding table into the dining area. It's close to everything. Around 15 minutes to Jesse's work, 20 minutes from the Syracuse Airport. 10 minutes from Carousel Mall. And the best yet, not too far from Chipotle. *mouth watering as I think about it*
AND, as of tonight, the house is still available, so just waiting for our tax refund to have all the cash together to put the deposit down, and rent the HUGE moving truck needed to get all our stuff there. So we are just praying that if it's God's will for that house to be our home for a little while, it will be waiting for us. And if not, then I know the house God has for us will be PERFECT.

And, tonight, Jesse and I were talking about when we move, not hooking up cable. Not forever, but for just a little while. I know that having so much tv makes me tend to be a little more lazy, and I KNOW that the boys spend WAY TOO MUCH time watching tv. And that not having tv for a little while might just inspire a little more creativity on all our parts, and inspire the boys to read more, and be more content with the toys and things they have. We have dvd's and gaming consoles out the wazoo, that they wouldn't be fiending for an electronics fix. I just think being without tv might just help us rearrange our priorities just a little better.

So, that is what has been going on around here, or at least, what has been going through my head lately. So, now you can't say, I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!

And lastly, I appreciate everyone who reads my blog! So, thanks! I know I don't have the most exciting life, but I love it!

1 comment:

Kris Hughes said...

Praying about your move. I think no cable sounds wonderful. Embrace it!