Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Maid-Rites

Today for dinner, we had Maid-Rites.  One of my favorites.  I just love them.  And it's been so long since we've had them.  We had chips for sides, but I stuffed myself with the maid-rites.

And they are SO simple.  Here's what I did ~

2.25 lbs of hamburger
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can of french onion soup
Brown the hamburger and drain.  Then add the soups and stir, and let it simmer on medium low for10 or 15 minutes.  Then I put  on a hamburger bun. 
Jesse likes to put ketchup and mustard on it.  I like to eat as is.  Tucker (he's a pretty picky eater) ate 2 and 1/2 today. 
Once, when he was much younger, Xavier had an allergic reaction to what we thought was the Maid-rites, so now (we've tested that out before) he is skeptical about eating them, but hasn't been affected by them since, so it must not have been the maid-rites!

But that is one of my favorite meals.  So quick, not fancy schmancy, and just a great go-to kinda meal!

No comments: