Saturday, December 29, 2012

New Year

So, tonight as I sit here, playing with Christmas present that I just got today (a Nikon D3100 ~ what what?!).  I'm playing with all sorts of different things on my camera, reading blog after blog about it, and playing with my photo editing software.  And I don't know what is harder ~ the camera or the software.....


Anyways.......
My tree is still up.  Probably going to start taking it down tomorrow.  I'm so ready to get my living room back.  And my bedroom too, for that matter.  We had to move the huge oversized recliner to our room, which didn't have hardly any room to begin with.  So, I'm really ready to just be done with the Christmas decor.   Although, I will be sad because the lights are so pretty, but you know, I'm ready for it to be gone!

And, we are making plans for new years.  We are going to some very dear friends' house and just going to have fun!  I'm so looking forward to it!  Yay!   Jesse is off and we are going to have a fun night!

And I am looking forward to 2013.  I will say 2012 did NOT end the way I thought it would in many aspects.  But, I have made peace with that.  God knows and He is here and moving and working, so I am learning to trust His heart.  And 2013 is full of possible changes.  Some, I'm just not sure about.   I'm hoping that we can buy a house, but it also means we very much could be moving out of state, once again.  I used to not mind it, the moving.  But the older I get, the more I just want a place to call my own.  The desire to have a "home" for my boys to finish growing up in.    So, I'm ready to get to our forever home.  I'm NOT looking forward to leaving the people we are growing to love and a church we love.  But, I know that God knows and He is preparing people and places for us!  And, maybe we won't have to go anywhere.  That would be ideal.

And I'm dreading starting school back up again.  Seriously!  I'm not your normal homeschooler.  I dread every single school day.  But, that's life.   Although, I do have to start cracking the whip and getting back into a schedule.  Which, I think, helps with the dreading of the school day.  I need to have the guys concentrate on some memorization this semester, so, I need to work on that too.  It's just a challenge for me.  And I don't like being challenged.  Lol

So, those are just a couple thoughts on the upcoming new year!  What are your plans?  As long as mine include these 3 (and their dad) I'm good!  Aren't they cute?!




No comments: